Friday, July 20, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things, Friday!

These are a few of my favorite things today, Friday!  It is raining today.  Although, I normally complain about the rain.  It is a favorite today.  We really need it in Eastern PA. 

These two are among my favorite things!




I was given four kittens that were only a few days old.  They did not even have their eyes open yet.  Their mother was hit by a car and killed.  I bottle fed them and became their momma.  They were all very special to me.  These are the two that I still have.  One is awaiting a new home on the 29th and the other has stolen my heart.


 He will remain with me because, I can't imagine my life without him.


Fels-Naptha....another one of my favorite things.

I used this in my homemade laundry soap, but it is also a great when used as a stain stick.
I picked up this Fels-Naptha at my local Wal-Mart for 97 cents.
The label reads:

1. Wet stain with water
2. Work Fels-Naptha Soap into stained area
3. Let stand for one minute
4. Wash according to care label instructions

My son gets frequent bloody noses due to his allergies.  He had a few shirts that had dried blood stains on them.  So, I tried the Fels-Naptha as a stain remover.  Works Great!  I was so pleased to see the stains had totally disappeared!



Another one of my favorite things..."The Green Guide To Daily Living"


On my latest trip to the bookstore, I found this book on the sale table.  I thought, for a dollar, it would be worth a few good tips, at least.  I was pleasantly surprised by some of the tips that the book offered.  Did I mention it was only One Dollar?  Did you know....

When a label on a personal care products reads, Natural....it means absolutely nothing!

When a personal care product is USDA Certified Organic... it means that 95% of the products' ingredients are Certified Organic.  Good to know!

Look for these organic products:

- Dr. Bronner's
- Origins Organics
- Burt's Bees, Inc
- Everyday Minerals
- Kiss My Face Corporation
- Intelligent Nutrients

Hello, my name is Nicole and I am a book hoarder.

Yep, that's right.  I hoard strange things.  I love being organized and having a clean and clutter free home, but if you look under my bed, you will find evidence of my hoarding. 

My favorite hoardings right now are:

-Books
-Anything that I could possible use as a container for my handmade lotions and body butters
-Anything that could possibly be used for a craft (of any kind), this gets a little messy
-Doilies
-Organic cooking oils (which I use for cooking and body lotions etc.)


Solar Power....my Friday's most favorite thing! 

Not just because my partner in crime works for a solar company, but because it is so very sustainable. Check out the website below.  Lenape Solar's page offers facts and some very convincing reasons "WHY" to choose solar.



These are a few of my favorite things...Happy Friday!














No comments:

Post a Comment