Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Smile Restored

Today has been a rough Chiari day. With idle hands, the wheels in my mind tend to turn overtime. Thinking about doing and thinking about thinking. The vicious cycle that has been my day. I had accomplished nothing except for bringing on a heavy heart. I felt this way until....I decided to relax in an oatmeal, milk and lavender bath. During my tub time, I had to laugh when my orphaned kitties joined me. They were very curious and spent most of their time on the side, but one had come as far as walking on my knees (over the water.) Laughter they say, is the best medicine. I needed a good dose of that!

Feeling relaxed, the smile returned to my face. Now, again, enjoying the simple things. The sweet sounds of katydids calling, hoofs hitting the pavement, buggy wheels turning, my flowers by moonlight and the sight of my new to me apron. My mother has had many wise words to share, but the one that rang true today.....
"You have bad moments, not bad days."
-My Momma

With words remembered and spirits lifted, I give you this, so simple and sweet....

Oatmeal Milk Lavender Bath
1/2 cup ground oatmeal (grind oats in a coffee grinder or food processor)
1/2 cup powdered milk
4 drops lavender essential oil




Have a splendid night!

No comments:

Post a Comment